Some vacation reading:
- Drive – because it is Daniel Pink and I really should read it.
- Clean code – because I haven’t yet read it!?!
- Continuous Delivery – because Fadi Stephan recommended it. Paging through it, it looks really great.
- Applying UML and Patterns – because Herman Lintvelt recommended it in his DDD talk at SUGSA earlier in the year and I’m intrigued. Apparently it has a bad title and isn’t about UML at all – more OO design which is interesting.
- Rework – because a collegue recommended it as an interesting read, and what the hell. Though it was in the “self-help” section in Exclusives which is a little disturbing.
All I need now is a copy of Kent Beck’s 2nd Edition XP book and I’ll be happily ensconsed in learning.
Hmmm… perhaps I need a kindle – the instant gratification may make up for not having the books to hold in the hand.
And now for 5 weeks holiday to read them all. Yay!